Board of Supervisors
6-Year Terms (Expiring)
Gregory Galtere Chairperson (2022)
David G. Speece, Jr. Vice Chairperson (2023)
Michelle P. Kircher (2026)
John (Jack) D. Piho (2022)*
Joseph R. Staub (2026)
*Appointment through January, 2022 due to resignation of prior member. This seat will be on the ballot in the 2021 General Election for a 2-year term expiring in 2023.
Contact the Supervisors
Board of Supervisor Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7pm in the Township Meeting Room, located at 4975 DeMoss Road. Meetings are live-streamed to YouTube and can be accessed here for at home viewing.
In accordance with Article VI of the PA Second Class Township Code, Townships shall be governed and supervised by boards of supervisors. Boards of supervisors shall consist of three members or, if approved by the electors under section 402(b), five members.
Exeter Township is governed by a five member elected Board of Supervisors. Per Second Class Township Code, duties of supervisors are as follows:
Section 607. Duties of Supervisors.--The board of supervisors shall:
(1) Be charged with the general governance of the township and the execution of legislative, executive and administrative powers in order to ensure sound fiscal management and to secure the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the township.
(2) Have the responsibility for maintenance of township-owned equipment and facilities.
(3) Employ persons as may be necessary for the general conduct of the business of the township and provide for the compensation, organization and supervision of the persons so employed. Records shall be kept and reports made and filed giving the names of all persons employed, dates on which work was done and the number of hours worked with compensation paid to each person and the capacity in which employed.
(4) Authorize attendance at conferences, institutes, schools and conventions. Any supervisor, elected or appointed officer or township employe may if directed by the board of supervisors attend any conference, institute, school or convention dealing with the duties and functions of elected or appointed officers or employes. The expenses for attending the meetings may be paid by the township and are limited to the registration fee, mileage for the use of a personal vehicle or reimbursement of actual transportation expense going to and returning from the meeting plus all other actual expenses that the board of supervisors agrees to pay. Every attendee shall submit to the board of supervisors an itemized account of expenses incurred at the meeting. The board of supervisors may authorize employes to be compensated at their regular employe rate, and auditors to be compensated at the rate of ten dollars ($10) for each hour up to a maximum of eight hours per day, during their attendance at the meeting.
(5) Annually, on or before the first day of February, furnish to the board of auditors information on the construction or maintenance of roads or other matters that may be required by any department of the Commonwealth to be included in the annual township report.
(6) Provide for the annual tax duplicate to be prepared and presented to the tax collector.
(7) Perform duties and exercise powers as may be imposed or conferred by law or the rules and regulations of any agency of the Commonwealth.
(607 amended July 7, 2006, P.L.718, No.101)
The Board meets at 7:00pm the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month in the Township Meeting Room, located at 4795 DeMoss Road.
Exeter Township is split into 11 voting precincts. You can find where you go to vote on our Polling Places page.
The Board of Supervisors relies on volunteer/appointed committees to review subdivision plans, environmental matters and other issues that may come before the Board. Meeting dates for these committees can be found on the Calendar.