Trout Run Brush Depository
Residents of Exeter Township and the Borough of St. Lawrence can purchase an access card to utilize the residential brush depository facility for $10.00. Cards must be renewed annually. Brush is converted into mulch and is available free of charge to residents who maintain an access card. Mulch is self-serve.
Location: Intersection of W. Neversink Road and E. Neversink Road (at the Trout Run Sports Complex)
Rules & Regulations:
- The Brush Depository accepts brush, Christmas trees, and grass clippings ONLY.
- Brush must be generated on a Township or Borough residential property and delivered by the property owner.
- One card will be given per household. There is a penalty fee of $600 for anyone who is caught using a resident's card not living within the registered household and the access cardholder will lose all user rights to the Trout Run facility. Landscaping companies doing work on residents’ properties are not authorized to use Trout Run.
- Dumping construction debris or trash of any kind at Trout Run is expressly prohibited and carries a fine of up to $600 per offense.
Brush Depository Access Cards:
Township and Borough residents can purchase a Trout Run Brush Depository access card at the Exeter Township Building (4975 DeMoss Road) during regular business hours, or by mail. **Due to COVID-19, the Township Building is currently closed to the public. Applications can be placed in the drop box with payment.
2021 Trout Run Brush Depository Application
Applications can also be downloaded and returned to the Township by mail or placed in the drop box along with $10 payment (cash or check made payable to Exeter Township).
Registration requires proof of residency or land ownership either via a driver’s license (proof of residency) or a paid tax receipt (proof of land ownership).
The access card must be renewed annually (January 1st) at a cost of $10. Sorry, no refunds.
Hours of Operation:
Subject to change
During Daylight Savings time (Spring to Fall) - 8:00 am to 8:00 PM, every day.
Not During Daylight Savings Time - 8:00 am to 6:00 PM, every day.
The system will lock at these precise times and you must be outside the gate or you WILL be locked in.
Please be advised:
- The Trout Run Brush Depository is monitored by cameras at all times.
- Township-made mulch is made from brush deposited at Trout Run, it is untreated and contains weeds. We advise sprinkling a weed killing product over mulch used in landscaping.