Parks & Recreation
In response to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, all facility rentals (Dunn Community Center, pavilions) remain closed.
Tips when venturing outdoors:
(Updated as of 2/10/21)
- Stay close to home, don't drive a distance to a park or trail.
- If the park or trailhead is crowded, go home.
- Employ physical distancing, remain at least 6 feet apart.
- Avoid playground equipment, or other frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid gatherings.
- Stay home if you're sick.
- Pack in, pack out. Please be considerate of Park Maintenance staff and limit waste at parks.
* Special Considerations at the Exeter Scenic River Trail.
We have been experiencing overcrowding at the Gibraltar Road Trailhead. Please know that parking is prohibited on the grass and boat launch area. Parking is permitted ONLY in the designated spaces.
PLEASE DO NOT CROWD THE TRAIL. We want to continue to be able to provide open-spaces for passive recreation, so our residents can enjoy the outdoors and get exercise during this difficult time. We are going to have to work together towards this goal. So, how can you help?
- If you arrive at the trailhead and it is crowded, choose an alternate plan or try back later. Do not create your own parking space.
- Maintain a MINIMUM of 6' distance between yourself and everyone else. If you are exerting a lot of energy (running, jogging, etc.), it is recommended that you leave even more distance between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask if you can't maintain physical distance between others.
Still have questions on how you can safely enjoy the outdoors? Here are some resources...
DCNR COVID-19 Information
DCNR Practice Social Distancing and Leave No Trace
NRPA Joint Statement on Using Parks and Open Space While Maintaining Physical Distance